Hey there foodies!
Today I’m sharing with you one of my all-time favorite dips – tzatziki! This creamy and tangy dip is perfect for parties or as a side dish to your favorite grilled meats. It’s so easy to make, and you probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already!
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 1 large cucumber, grated and drained
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh dill (or 1 teaspoon dried dill)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Start by grating your cucumber (it’s okay to use a food processor for this if you have one). Put the grated cucumber in a sieve or strainer and add a pinch of salt to it. Let it drain for at least 30 minutes so that the excess water can drip out.
- In a large mixing bowl, add your Greek yogurt, minced garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, and dill. Mix everything up well.
- Once the cucumber has drained, add it to the bowl with the other ingredients and mix it all together.
- Give it a taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
- Cover your tzatziki and put it in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
That’s it! Your delicious and healthy tzatziki is ready to be enjoyed. Serve it up with some fresh veggies, pita bread, or crackers. Or, use it as a topping for your favorite grilled meats or sandwiches. It’s versatile, easy, and oh so yummy!