There’s something magical about the smell of freshly baked bread wafting through the house, and nothing beats the comforting taste of a warm, fluffy slice straight out of the oven.
Learn how to make delicious and fluffy focaccia bread with this simple homemade recipe. Perfect for any occasion, this Italian classic is topped with olive oil, sea salt, and fresh herbs for a burst of flavor in every bite. Impress your family and friends with your baking skills and serve this soft and flavorful bread as a side dish, snack, or appetizer.
In this post, we’ll take you through a simple yet delicious recipe for making your own focaccia from scratch. So roll up your sleeves, dust off your apron, and get ready to impress your taste buds and your guests with this homemade bread.
- 500g bread flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 350ml warm water
- Toppings: olive oil, sea salt, fresh herbs (such as rosemary, thyme, or oregano), sliced cherry tomatoes, or olives (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, and instant yeast.
- Add the olive oil and warm water to the bowl and stir with a wooden spoon or your hands until the dough comes together.
- Knead the dough for 10-15 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, until it doubles in size.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil and transfer the dough onto it. Use your fingers to press the dough into a rectangular shape, about 2-3cm thick.
- Drizzle the surface of the dough with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and fresh herbs, and add sliced cherry tomatoes or olives (if desired).
- Bake the focaccia in the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the focaccia from the oven, let it cool for a few minutes, and slice it into portions. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Note: You can customize the toppings according to your preference, and you can also add cheese, garlic, or other ingredients to the dough for added flavor.