Hey there foodies!
Are you ready to spice things up in the kitchen with some delicious and easy-to-make chicken enchiladas? These cheesy and saucy enchiladas are a crowd-pleaser and perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a fiesta with friends or craving a hearty and flavorful meal, these enchiladas are sure to satisfy your cravings.
So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can red enchilada sauce
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a large mixing bowl, toss in the shredded chicken, 1 cup of the shredded cheddar cheese, the diced green chilies, and half of the enchilada sauce. Give it a good mix so all the flavors can meld together.
- Warm up the corn tortillas in the microwave or on the stove top so they’re pliable and ready for action.
- Now comes the fun part! Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture onto the center of each tortilla, roll it up tightly, and place it seam-side down in a baking dish.
- Pour the remaining enchilada sauce over the top of the rolled-up tortillas, then sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Your kitchen will smell amazing!
- Once it’s out of the oven, sprinkle with chopped cilantro. This adds a pop of color and freshness to your dish. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
There you have it, folks! A simple and tasty chicken enchilada recipe that will make you a kitchen superstar. So, get cooking and enjoy!