Hey there, Looking for a fun and easy Easter dessert recipe that’s perfect for kids? Look no further than these colorful Easter egg-shaped treats made from Rice Krispie cereal and melted marshmallows! Not only are these treats delicious, they’re also super easy to make and perfect for getting kids involved in the kitchen. Let’s get started on this fun and festive recipe!
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
- 3 tbsp. butter
- Food coloring in various colors
- Easter egg-shaped cookie cutter
- Cooking spray
- In a large pot, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat and add a few drops of food coloring to the mixture, stirring until the color is evenly distributed.
- Add the Rice Krispie cereal to the pot and stir until the cereal is completely coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish and use a spatula to spread it out evenly.
- Let the mixture cool for a few minutes until it’s cool enough to handle, but still pliable.
- Use the Easter egg-shaped cookie cutter to cut out the Rice Krispie treats into egg shapes.
- Repeat steps 1-7 with different food coloring for each batch, creating a variety of colorful Easter egg-shaped treats.
- Serve and enjoy!
These colorful Easter egg-shaped Rice Krispie treats are perfect for kids to make and decorate together. You can also add additional decorations like sprinkles or frosting to make them even more festive.