Looking for a healthy breakfast idea? Here’s the recipe for our delicious and energizing Banana Peanut Butter Breakfast Muffins, made with oat flour. These muffins are perfect for starting your day off on the right foot, with the perfect combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Plus, they’re incredibly easy to make and can be customized to your liking with different mix-ins like chocolate chips or chopped nuts.
So grab your apron and let’s get baking!
- 1 cup of oat flour (you can make your own by blending oats in a food processor or blender)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (old-fashioned or quick oats will work)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium-sized banana)
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (no crunchy, sorry!)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease with cooking spray. We like to use fun and colorful liners to brighten up our mornings!
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the oat flour, rolled oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. You can also add in any additional mix-ins here, like a handful of chocolate chips or chopped nuts for extra flavor and texture.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, peanut butter, maple syrup, almond milk, egg, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Be careful not to overmix – a few lumps and bumps are totally okay!
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. This is a great step to get the kids involved in the kitchen and help them learn about portion control.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean. The smell of these muffins baking will fill your kitchen with the most delicious aroma!
- Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely. Enjoy!
These muffins are best served warm and fresh out of the oven, but they can also be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. They make a great on-the-go breakfast or snack when you need a quick and easy pick-me-up!